(no subject)

Simon writes:  >>>>>>So I bought new front springs and plan to install them.
I don't have the approved Spider tool for spring replacement, nor does the
local club. Is it
possible to do this with a carefully positioned jack and car supports or
shall I get the local shop to do it?<<<<<

Simon, others will probably respond more quickly.  Whatever you do, do not
attempt to use a jack to remove the springs!  The "sproing" you hear may be
the last thing before you wake up in the hospital!  The best method, absent
the factory tools is to replace the lower spring plate bolts with threaded
rods, one at a time.  I use 12 inch long  5/16 or 3/8 rod from the local
hardware store.  Once all the bolts have been replaced, you simply unscrew
the rods evenly until ALL pressure is off the spring.  If you have
aftermarket performance springs, this won't take long, as they are somewhat
shorter.  To reassemble, simply reverse the process.

Erik Wood