Need some advice on rebuilding suspension-and other things...

You've probably read my previous posts that I was looking for a project to keep me busy while burning up 20 days of military leave. Well, with the help of Digesti bretheren and AlfaBill, I decided to replace all suspension bushings and do a brake job - rotors, pads, bearings, fluid, etc.
As I am a novice of these things, any advice would be appreciated so I don't have to have the car towed to my mechanic and deal with the scorn of my wife (again).
1. How hard is it to change out the DeDion triangle bushing. I know it has to be pressed in but can it be done some other way.
2. How difficult is it to change the caster bushing. Should I even bother? Will I somehow kill myself or destroy my knuckles and find myself out of work, divorced, and living out of a saggy Verde?
3. Any special advice on changing the rotors, bearings, and seals for the front brakes? What fluid do you all recommend? Castrol?
Thanks again
John S.
Nervous but enthusiastic in So Fla
PS. - this project will take place over my 40th Bday and am hoping that the stress of this project won't trip some sort of mid-life crisis.