2L engine RPM rev limit ?

I have followed with great interest the ITU discussions and  I have two
questions that may seem trivial. With a 2 L L-jet Bosch injected Alfa engine,
what is the real RPM limit to not exceed under hard acceration before shifting
up. I know that most HP are produced at about 5500 rpm but can the engine rev
to 6000 RPM and even more without problem ? Also, is there a RPM limiter on
the spider 86. On my Audi V6, the red line on the RPM gauge starts at 6000
rpm, but I commonly shift above that, say at 6500 and even at 7000 rpm, and
hit sometime the RPM limiter. Yes I like to rev it up...

BTW: I got my matriculation for the Alfa this morning. Now the car is
officially registered in Quebec.. and I am and the Alfa too ready for a ITU
after work.

Regards