Alfa news from Paris Show

"Alfa Romeo CEO: Unit to stay in Fiat

Reuters / September 26, 2002

PARIS -- Alfa Romeo head Daniele Bandiera on Thursday said the upscale
car manufacturer would stay within the control of struggling carmaker
Fiat Auto.

"Alfa Romeo will be staying inside Fiat absolutely and permanently,"
Bandiera told Reuters on the margins of the Paris Auto show.

Financial sources in July said Fiat's sportscar division Ferrari could
be enlarged to encompass Alfa Romeo, though Fiat denied at the time
there was any plan to transfer Alfa from Fiat Auto to Ferrari."

Also in a separate story...

<SNIP>

"Embattled Fiat Group brands had some positive sales results.

Alfa Romeo expects to sell 3,000 units of the sporty 156 GTA this year,
50 percent more than initially planned.

"The results of the 156 GTA are so promising that we will probably sell
more than the 3,500 units of the 147 GTA we were planning," said Daniele
Bandiera, head of the Alfa Romeo business unit.

The 147 GTA debuted Thursday and will go on sale in December. Bandiera
confirmed that the Sprint, a 2003 four-seat coupe derived from the 156,
is planned for 20,000 units a year, "a figure we would probably exceed."

<\SNIP>

Cheers,
John
Seattle, WA