Re: Irrelevant digression on the warm-up thing

In a message dated Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:06:34 +0000, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> On the
> other hand, sitting in the driveway warming up your car puts no real
> load on the engine - warms up more slowly - leaving cold,
> unlubricated parts for a longer period. So we find a
> balance of slow
> easy driving to warm-up with a minimum of wear.

I do a combination of both.  My system is start the engine and let it idle for about a minute.  Then drive slowly until it reaches normal temperature (5-8 min).  I think the under 2K during warm up is a little EXTREME.  My Alfa's got plenty of low end torque, but still, shifting at 2K wouldn't be practical for speeds above say 20mph.

Brian
'82 Spider