Coolant flushing before teardown..

Digestians..

Another dark thought has cropped up, I was wondering how big a deal not flushing, descaling, cleaning, etc, the coolant circuit of an engine is, when you are going to tear it down?
I didn't do that when I got the car.. and with the lack of maintenence I've been seeing, knowing the car was virtually in storage a few years in the recent past.. I'm wondering just how much silt, or mineral deposits might be in there to mess with my rebuild.

Or, do I worry too much?

At least now, the car's coolant looks a normal color.. so perhaps it's not been running on straight tap water the last 14 years.

The "issue" is, I have the oil out, lower sump off, alternator off, etc.. and it would be a bit of work to put it back to running, just to do a hot flush..

While I'm asking.. what is a good, safe descaler/cleaner for an aluminum motor, and the best way to use it? My Autobook manual says 10 oz of baking soda in 1 3/4 gal of water, and run the engine for 10-15 minutes..
Thanks again..

Jon