Inboard front brakes in F1

Dont know if I dreamt this, as nobody else has commented, but:-
I recall reading an article in an engineering Mag. in someones reception,
as you do while waiting for the guy to arrive, and read that one of the F1
teams was looking into inboard front brakes. they also were going to link
the two half shafts with a fluid coupling to get even better brakes.
The plan was that in braking in a corner you can pres the pedal until the
more lightly loaded inside wheel locks up - thats too much braking as it
spoils the tyres. The outside tyre still has more grip available for
braking so-
Fasten the two wheels together using half shafts and you can force the
inside wheel to keep turning even while standing on the brakes to get full
advantage of the higher load on the outside tyre.
Good or what?
Jonathan Coates