idler arm rebuild

I did mine recently with a kit from Chris Sweetapple at Highwood Alfa. Chris
told me that if I just replaced the bushings, then they would need to be
reamed, but the new shaft and bushes were an exact fit. I replaced
everything and it worked out fine. The arm is a press fit to the shaft, so
it is necessary to grind off the weld, press off the old spindle, press on
the new spindle, weld the new spindle. I fitted a grease nipple to the
housing while I had it apart.
Ed Prytherch.
73 GTV
79 spider (with rebuilt prop shaft - what a difference!)
Columbia SC