[no subject]

At 12:29 AM +0000 9/21/02, alfa-digest wrote:
Inboard front brakes? The front-engine Mercedes GP cars of the '50s had'em. I believe at least some of the Alfasuds did, too, as does
of course my Citroen...
The 'Sud and Citroen of course are FWD, so they have halfshafts there in the first place, but I believe that the famous gullwing Mercedes had its giant 19" front drums mounted inboard, on halfshafts that were there purely for the sake of braking, as in a '70s F1 car.