164 trans, CM Smith

Mr Smith responds;
Subject: Autoboxes

C'mon Bill, the best fwd auto tranny is the Aisan Warner unit finding its
way into Volvos and SAABs. An absolutely brilliant tranny, who wants ZF?

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada

Ok, help me out here, sounds like a fun swap, perhaps a Maxima box? I don't
like the ZF boxes in either Alfa or SAAB. Both shift the same, crap. 9000 was
exactly the same as the 164. Felt rough, not world class. If my wifes 15 year
old Tempo can shift smoothly and consistently (what a lump, it came with her)
why can't a box in a $35K car do the same? With little maintenance or love...

Has anyone ever heard the trans cooling fan come on in a 164? Perhaps they
just cook to death....

Bill

Mastro Subaru Inc. Tampa Florida USA
800.683.2532 / Int'l 813.884.7513
http://mastrowrx.com  http://mastrosubaru.com

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Notebook.jpg]