What is OBD?

OBD is On Board Diagnostics.  OBD-II is On Board Diagnostics 2, or the
second generation.

On a tangential note, I bought a laptop version of the VW-Audi dealer tool
for reading computer codes for my A4 and it is truly incredible.  You can
watch your sensor outputs as you drive (or have an assistant do it), recode
vehicle parameters, and all sorts of cool stuff like that.  Someone was
asking about the modern Alfa version of this.  If someone can decode the
Audi version of this and add enhancements that the factory tool doesn't
have, it can be done for Alpha Romeros as well.

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV
'00 A4