RE: '85 Spider Odometer & Speedometer

"My speedometer and odometer stoped working the other day, then started
working
again, then stopped again.  Any ideas as to cause and fix?  Thanks."

John-

Check your lower speedomoeter cable (between the transmission and the OXS
device in the driver's side engine compartment).  The speedo on my '84
spider stopped working (worked intermittently) a couple of years ago, and
replacement of this cable fixed the problem.

Also check that all of the fittings at the cable ends are tight, and that
the OXS device (basically a milage counter that activates a light in your
dash to remind you to replace the oxygen sensor) isn't locked up.  I took
the guts out of my OXS device after it jammed - the cable can still be
routed through the device minus the internal parts, since the cable ends
are connected to a solid brass fitting (won't affect your speedo
function).

-John Barbera

'84 Spider

'87 Audi 4kq