Alfa Bellhousing

In a message dated Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:08:10 +0000, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I thought
> I heard of some sort of access panel in the bellhousing in the later
> cars, but I have no direct experience with them so I don't
> know for
> sure.  Worth checking for, however.

     Sorry, Brian.  No access holes in any bellhousing, except the 1300 and 1600 had a removable lower pan.  Those were the Alfas with the cable operated clutch.
     The only change in the bellhousing that I am aware of is the provision for the ignition sensors on the L Jetronic spiders from 1982 through 1989.  The Motronic engines use the L Jetronic bellhousing, but the bosses for the L Jet sensors are not drilled and tapped.
     But I guess you could drill an access hole.... <grin>

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City