1750 mystery coolant leak

    If the front cover is leaking coolant, you have two choices.  Pull the head, oil pan and front cover and replace the gasket.  Or put in some stop leak and hope it works.  If not, you have only one alternative.
    My 82 spider did exactly the same thing.  It developed a small leak behind the alternator.  Stop leak did the trick.  The cylinder head on my 84 race car developed a leak after I put on a new head gasket.  I got the engine hot and retorqued it without success.  Again, stop leak did the trick.
    I have used Bars Leak, Aluma Seal, etc. at various times.  All seems equally good and bad. I have never used black pepper or egg whites.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

In a message dated Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:08:10 +0000, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes: