GTV Coolant leak in heater

Hey cats,

My GTV has started dripping coolant on my feet
inside the car. It appears to be comming from the
heater box behind the dash. I've been told already
that it is probably the valve inside the heater.

My question is: is the fluid path the same as with
the Alfetta? I have Alfetta manuals that show the
fluid path and it looks like I can pinch off the
inlet to the heater, before the firewall (bulk
head) in the engine compartment. Fluid looks like
it would still circulate through the engine so I
wouldn't be blocking a major artery.

The other question is: will this work? Is it OK to
do this untill I can get it to the mechanic?

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA