re: Why do Alfas burn?

There does seem to be a greater proportion of Alfas burning
up than other cars (or perhaps their unusual status just
gets them noticed, I'm not sure).  A Milano caught on fire
in my town a few years ago and was in the local paper, and
my parents recently reported a similar event where they live
now in Maine.  I suggested that it's just the extra
attention because they're odd cars, but they insist that
since both of these towns have fire department logs in the
papers that any burned car would be in there, and that only
Alfas seem to be burning up.  Curious.  I have, of course,
replaced my fuel lines in both cars by now, as being in the
paper never seems to be a good thing...

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164 L