VWs burn too!

I caught a burning VW Vanagon on film last year. Fully engulfed with the
owner watching helplessly from a few feet away. Location: Southbound I-280
near Woodside, CA.

I was a passenger travelling on the Northbound side moving at about 65 MPH

http://www.alpharomero.com/VWonfire.jpg

Info from Studebaker owners, which probably applies here also: old types of
rubber are incompatible with new types of fuel, especially the formulae used
in the Republic of California.

PS: Carry a fire extinguisher too!

Karl
164LS with new fuel rail hoses every 2 years