FL to N.C. - and back again

I know this is a <WOB> for most of you ... sorry

I'm headed to the Outer Banks of N.C. tomorrow in the Spider ('74), for a week
long vacation. Now, I'm pretty confident the car will do find, but it's going
to be about 1600 miles round trip. Anybody that's along my route (Tampa, FL -
OBX N.C.), and is willing to be available in case of a major breakdown (be it
direct assistance or just getting me to a knowledgeable service center), would
be greatly appreciated. Again, I expect things to go just find.

Also, I would love to hear from anybody that has information on the car
Ferries that run on the south end of the "Banks".

Tim Lentz
Tampa, FL
1974 Spider