Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:33:52 -0400
From: "John Hertzman" <johnhertzman@domain.elided>
Subject: Argento Vivo, the TZ replica

Responding to the question "Is the Ereminas TZ1 replica kit available in
the
USA?", Brian Shorey wrote "Yup.  He had the prototype at the
convention."

I believe that should be "conventions" with an 's', plual. I saw it at
the
convention held at Lime Rock around 1990. ('89? '91? Whatever.) It was
seen
alongside the Pezold TZ which had served as a 'plug' for the molds for
the
body, and probably also provided the prototype for the spaceframe. I
believe
his son had it at at least one of the conventions in the Pacific
north-west a
few years later. The driving impressions published at that time
suggested that
the unsprung weight of the 115 rear axle was a more obvious disadvantage
in
that light a car than it is in the Spider, but there is no reason (apart
from
time and money) why an owner shouldn't be able to work-in a DeDion or
irs. It
is a very atractive car, a reasonable project well executed, and I would
be
curious about how many have been sold in the dozen or so years it has
been
available. It is easy to say "somebody should build a kit for a (fill in
the
blank)", but writing a check for a down-payment would be something else.
Don
Ereminas is still in business at 1-800-253-2468 or alfaromeo@domain.elided,
(according to his ad in the current Alfa Owner) and I hope he prospers.

John H.