Re: wheel bearings (was Pantera)

They gripe because it's not an easy job (even more so if you don't have access to the factory tools.) I don't think they go bad often. Mine are 115k miles young, and are one of the few things I haven't had to address too.

--Mark

Joe Elliott wrote:

I really should be doing homework, but I have to take this opportunity to ask a question. What's the deal with 116/161 rear wheel bearings?? Did certain years/serial numbers have defective bearings or something? I've heard more than a few people gripe about their rear wheel bearings,