<164> Dug Seedin?

>hi michael,

>gm is corporate scum.  who gives a f**k *what* kinda cars they make?!?  end
of >discussion, as far as i'm concerned.

>doug s.

{{hahahahhaha} Dug, you never fail to amaze me...
Put into perspective, I understand Dug's point but have to disagree
somewhat...

164s were never meant to be on the track, they are big heavy comfotable cars
that are what they are. You can't make a car do what it isn't designed for. An
old GTV wasn't made to haul 4+ people and have the ability to bring home 8-10
bags of mulch from Home Depot.

I've had a bunch of 164s, have 3 in the stable at the moment. Sofia, with a
stick is by far the most fun to drive, and drives great with the suspension
shored up with urethane. Even got the tail out at Sebring.... but it's not a
sports car... bad ass 4 door sedan it is. Stuff in an auto box and it's a nose
heavy beast, but also great for the 10 mile commute every day. Different
functions....

What all of you have not mentioned.... at the moment, with the Alfa resale
market where it is, you can rustle up a clean 164 for peanuts, $4-5 K gets you
more car than you can imagine..... sad but good for someone with some patience
for minor quirks. This car is reliable, long wearing, workhorse, gets fair
enough mileage and safe as a bunker in a wreck.

Love it for what it is.... I do.
BYW, the 156 in V6 and Twin Spark are definately a big step up in tech and
overall feel/fit/finish. Driven both...awesome cars...

Bill

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Notebook.jpg]