164 radio

The selection of radio/cassette/CD players that actually fit the DIN
1.5-size hole (also called Chrysler-GM size) in the 164 dash is not very
large.  Pioneer makes two models in that size, the DEH-P47DH and the
DEH-P77DH.  The only difference between the two that I know of is that the
77 has a remote.  Crutchfield has the 47 for $250 and the 77 for $299, but
you can beat those prices elsewhere, such as Ebay.  Jensen also makes a
head unit, if you happen to like Jensen.  Alpine makes a Chrysler-sized
unit too, listing for around $350, at least they show it on their website.
When looking for units in this size, look for "special sizes" or
"Chrysler/GM."  I bought a Pioneer 47 on Ebay for around $150, and it works
fine, just has the same stupidities they all do: too many, too small
buttons that try to do too many things and a manual translated word for
word from, it seems like, Japanese.

Charlie Koster
Kagel Canyon, CA
1986 GTV-6 3.0S (mine)