What's all this junk in my oil sump?

Well, as I mentioned in another post, I've pulled my lower sump, to see what I would see.. (and clean it out)

Part of my continuing "find as much out about this motor as I can, before I invest in tearing it down" adventure, I drained and pulled the sump.. and found about a half tablespoon of hard black bits, that seem to be the excessively applied gasket sealer.. only a moderate amount of sludge.. really not all that bad, considering how poorly the engine seemed to be maintained before I got it.

Luckily, no crank plugs, or journal nuts..
There was a fair amount of reddish orange rubbery bits, some kind of silicone gasket sealer? Most of those were halfway thru the oil pump pickup screen..

There were other things there as well.. some pieces that seemed to be hard black plastic, with smooth surfaces, (possibly some kind of seal backing?) some black coal like bits, (really baked plastic?) one about a half inch by one quarter.. slightly magnetic (?! possibly with a tiny ferrous piece embedded in the plastic piece?) some small magnetic black bits.. and some shiny flakes (biggest about 1/4") that would bend easily and scratch with a fingernail, non magnetic.. that have to be bearing materiel.. (!!!)
How bad is finding some bearing materiel in the sump? Even just a couple of pieces just a few mm thick and long like mine?

And the final mystery: a twisted little piece of thin metal sheet about 1/4" across, shiny, that is highly magnetic, and has orange color on the back side, with clear green dye spelling "SOL" which probably describes my current state.. There is a vertical bar after the L, which could be an I, part of an E or several other letters.. and the SOL might be in the middle of a word.

Any ideas? Name printed on back of a bearing? Some other fragmented, but extremely critical part?
Some part of the Spica that got flushed thru when I did the DiMatteo flush the other night?

Somebody put my overactive imagination to rest.. or something... ;-)

Jon

77 Spider ("Xrays revealed Angilina has been eating strange things again")