164 stereo installation

I installed a Chrysler Infinity CD/tape unit in my 1993 164L about eight
months ago.  I purchased the unit used on Ebay - it was from  a 1999 or
2000 Dodge, as I recall.  Advantages:  the faceplate looks factory stock
except for a very small Chrysler pentagon logo, the unit fits with
minimal modification, the connectors match the existing
cables mechanically and electrically, and the sound is really great for a
factory stereo.  Disadvantages: you're stuck with a used stereo, unless
you want to pay $700 or so at a Chrysler dealer, and it's a single CD
unit, not a changer. For a new  unit, the Nakamichi models are worth
considering, but they are single-DIN and will require an adapter plate
and a cable harness adapter.  But if you're planning to build an
audiophile system with amplifiers, subwoofers and so on, you will
probably want to go the new route anyway. The Chrysler CD solution works
for 91-93 models, and the stereos are plentiful.  --- Peter Westafer---
pwestafer@domain.elided--- Berkeley Lake, GA