Re: 164 Stereo installation

I installed a sony single din stereo in my 164. The standard mounting
hardware is not available at Best Buy for the 164. The same stereo was
installed in the Chryler New Yorker in 1990, so I bought a mounting plate
for that car. The side tabs need to be removed (dremel) and the whole
plate needs to be narrowed down by 1 or 2 mm (bench grinder). You can then
drill holes
through it and into the console (sideways). I installed 4 small screws.
I modified the rear aluminum support bracket to fit a standard single din
stereo. The result was very pleasing. I recommend it. A pictures of my
final installation are here:

http://alfalover.dhs.org/projects/stereo/MVC-015F.JPG

I plan on doing this for a 164Q console soon and will post pictures of
that whole procedure

Karl
'91 164L
'95 164Q