Alfetta door seal solution found

Hey cats,

Let's stop wishing for new 156s and how awful SUVs
are for a moment. Here is something really useful.

I'd been looking over the JC Whitney catalog
pages on universal rubber seals and decided to try
some on my Alfetta. I examined my totally crushed
door seals pressed on the car body, and surmised
that it could be a good match for a side bulb
version they had. I also got a top bulb version
for the rear hatch.

A 25 foot roll does both doors of the Alfetta.
Since it is not form fitted, I had to live with a
start point and an end point that are not attached
but most of the Alfetta rail is curved. The top
rear corner is a 90 deg. corner, so I started and
ended there. The first door is a bit funky right
there, but by the second time I was a bit neater
and did an angle cut to make it fit better.

At first the doors were very tight and I had to
slam them really hard to get them to close all the
way. The driver door is getting better now after
a week and I don't have to slam it so hard. It
should improve even more.

The hatch piece is a good fit too. Again, the
start and end points don't attach to each other,
but they meet in a straight line and all the
corners are curved, so it goes around really well.
I even used some on the parcel shelf. I had so
much left over of this type that I tried it on the
trunk of my GTV. I had enough, but the lid didn't
close. I didn't want to force it because the lids
on the GTVs are so flimsy. I can probably use the
leftover in the hood area. I think there is a lip
running down the fender or across the cowel.

Well, for $27 for each 25 foot roll, $54 does the
whole Alfetta. I call that a bargain. Anyone want
to do this cost effective solution, here is the
info:

Item #13ZX2565N - Type 5 Sponge Rubber Bulb with Solid Rubber Trim, Full
Top-edge Bulb  A-11/16", B-5/8"
Quantity of 1 @ 26.95 EA

Item #13ZX2568R - Type 8 Sponge Rubber Bulb with Solid Rubber Trim, Side-edge
Bulb (Standard)  A-5/8", B-11/16"
Quantity of 1 @ 26.95 EA

JC Whitney is online or get a paper catalog. Old
paper catalogs are great window cleaners too. I
assume everyone knows that the ink on newpaper
print is the best window cleaner? Another tip.

Stefano
Oakland, CA