Perceptions of Italian Vehicle Service

Hi

One point I have noticed is that in the UK people conplain that
with Italian bikes you cannot get the spare parts, and that when
the factories go on holiday for August you can forget any chance.

In reality the problem is more down to local (UK) failures. UK importers
keep small stocks of spare parts. When we bought a bike in Italy
from a small dealer (showroom 15' x 30') they had a substantial amount
of spare bodywork in stock on the shelves. In the UK you would be
lucky if the importer kept that amount in stock

All the best

Keith