Puzzle solved, and an air pump question

The mystery on why my Alfetta wouldn't run for more than a few seconds
has been solved.  After replacing the coil, the plug wires, the plugs,
the fuel filter, the cap, and the rotor (all of which needed replacing,
anyway), I noticed a loose wire in the engine bay.  It was the points
to coil wire which I hadn't completely removed after fitting the Crane
ignition.  It was grounding against the frame, acting like a kill switch.
Lesson learned.

Now that that's taken care of, I noticed that the smog pump on this
car has three fittings: one to an air filter (pump intake, I presume),
one to the exhaust manifold, and one that has no hose on it.  Anyone
have any idea what this is for?  Is there supposed to be a hose there?
Where to?

james montebello
'84 gtv6
'78 alfetta gt