Re: Alfa and US safety laws

Well, it ain't even worth that much.  We don't have Alfa in the US for a
much
simpler reason....by the time they pulled out they could not give a car
away,
let alone sell one.  I believe that in their last year in the US they sold
something like 600 cars, maybe fewer.

--------

Free '95 Alfas in 1995??? Where was I hiding?

I know this statement was an exaggeration, but I thought I'd share a
financial analysis of my purchase of a new '95 Alfa in 1995.

I paid $10K off of the $38K sticker price and they (ARDONA) then proceeded
to pay-out over $5K over the next 3 years for warranty and free maintenance
to the local dealer. Hardly a profitable transaction, especially on a
low-volume product...

Would I do it again? It depends on whether I had just come back from an
expensive service visit or from an Italian Tune-up in the Santa Cruz
mountains...It's a constant "emotional versus checkbook" battle.

Karl