RE: "Stinking Spider" (Hot Gear Oil Smell)...

 Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:04:04 -0400
 From: "John Paradiso" <johnp@domain.elided>
 Subject: RE: "Stinking Spider" (Hot Gear Oil Smell)...

 To make it unanimous...

 2 weeks ago I put in Redline 75W90 NS and immediately
 began smelling
 burning oil. No leaking that I can see but the smell is
 strong and
 immediately followed putting in the redline. My shifter
 boots are both
 loose, which I'm sure contributes to the problem. I was
 hoping it was
 some spilled oil that would burn away and that would be
 that. Guess I'm
 not gonna be that lucky.

 John Paradiso
 92 Spider Veloce (kinda stinky)
Just to keep this fair and balanced., I've been using RedLine gear
oils since ~1984, and have never ever, ever had stinky spider
syndrome..
Shifts purty good, too.

My opine is that there's sumpthin' else goin' on round there.

jeff

82 Spider
99 R1100S