Round 2 "Stinking Spider" (Hot Gear Oil Smell)

OK, just to set the record straight, I do not have RedLine oil anywhere
in my spider. Shell Spirax 80-90 as prescribed by the experts.

The feedback on having the car level when filling the tranny may be the
best bet so far, because that car was not level and I am certain that
some oil is coming out of the vents at the top of the shift housing
after closer inspection. It may be that slight overfilling can cause
some oil to sling out of the vents. I will level the car and drain any
excess oil out.

I am considering using some kind of RTV or rubber gasket material to
seal the metal "Helmet" to the tranny tunnel so as to block out the
smell. Any feedback on this idea is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Glover
'76 Spider