re: 85 spider #4 fuse blown

Jim,
	This happened to me in my '86 Spider and when I put in a too large fuse
(ran out of the correct ones), I found the short quick enough because of
all the smoke that billowed out of my trunk.

	One place to look is where the wiring bundles go thru the sheet metal
openings.  This where the edges of the sheet metal wear thru the
insulation and causes a short.  In your trunk, the wiring bundle from
the front gets to the back along the drivers side.  Remove the trunk mat
and the side carpeting so that you can really see things in there.
Right near the fuel tank filler, towards the back, you'll see the
cabling coming out to run to the lights.  Twist, turn, and bend the
cabling so that you can see all the sides with a strong light looking
for break in the insulation.

	Just don't put in a larger amp fuse!

	Bruce

	- I had to splice in a used set of wires which was a pain because of
the sever melting that went on.

	'73 GTV - ready for VIR this weekend..and the weather looks great.  Now
to find me an Umbrella Grrrl!
	'86 Spider