re: towing a Spider

At 2:12 AM +0000 9/2/02, alfa-digest wrote:
A friend is actually towing a "beat to death by a former girlfriend" '74
spider ( and a VERY sweet new lady friend  who loves Alfas )from Virginia to
Washington state right as we speak (Bryan Carter, Rosso 75 if you know him) .
He's flat towing  (tow hitch connected to the bumper mounts directly )it with
the transmission and driveshaft out. We topped off the rear end and he's
calling me nightly from the road reporting  zero problems. Flat towing is an
option.
What I want to know is whether or not he disconnected the ladyfriend's driveshaft.