My first guess would be a clogged fuel filter; the one under the car before the fuel pump. It's probably full of rust/sediment that becomes impacted in the filter after the pump has been on for a while. With the car off, the sediment on the filter element loosens and allows fuel to flow again. Sometimes, if you've got a good ear, you will notice a difference in the sound of the fuel pump when the filter is clogged.

Regards,

Dean

At 05:53 AM 8/28/2002, you wrote:

Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:29:09 EDT
From: GenericWood@domain.elided
Subject: Spica car misfire

Anyone care to comment?  My '74 GTV has developed a misfire that only occurs
after driving the car for 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't seem like an ignition
misfire because it isn't worse with full throttle (and increased resistance
across the plug gap).  I'm wondering if it is a fuel pressure problem because
the fuel pump is quite noisy and the fuel pressure light sender hasn't yet
been fixed.  Is this type of misfire likely to occur with pressure down?

Erik Wood
'74 GTV
'56 Giulietta Spider