A good Stebro experience

	I purchased a Stebro center muffler for my '86 Spider way back in '97
since I was tired of replacing the OEM unit every two years or so.
After a time, I noticed a rattling noise from the muffler when cold.  By
banging on the bottom of the muffler, I could tell that something was
loose inside.  I thought that it was a washer from the installation
package that had fallen inside during shipping (I had to shake the
muffler to retrieve all except one washer).  The noise disappeared when
warmed up so I just lived with it.  The years went by.

	This year, I needed to replace the converter for cracks/leaks were
appearing in the shell and the tranny support bracket had long since
rusted free.  While the converter was off, I removed the center muffler
and shook it all about...there seemed to be more noise than ever.  So I
sent a note off to Dan P. at Stebro and he said just to send it back to
them for inspection.  Off went the muffler via UPS to Stebro.  In about
2 weeks, Dan informed me that there had been an internal failure of the
muffler and new (and improved!) muffler was being sent to me - no charge
for the muffler nor shipping charges.  The new muffler arrived the other
day but I haven't had time to put it on the Spider yet.  The muffler
looks exactly like the original one.

	Stebro honored their lifetime guarantee and gave me prompt service as
well.  It is a pleasure doing business with such a firm.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV - getting inspected for the VIR event in Sept.
	'86 Spider - Stebro exhaust from the cat back