attn alfetta transaxle experts

Hi alfetta experts,
I need to replace an '84 Alfetta GTV4 transaxle with a late 70s unit. The
obvious differences to me are the final drive ratio and the speedo sender. Is
it possible to simply swap the early model mechanical speedo sender with the
later model electronic unit or are further modifcations involved to to get the
electronic speedo to work on the early gearbox?
I know driveshaft/disk rotor combination isn't the same either but both lots
if kept together should fit to any transaxle (correct me if I'm wrong
please..)
Any other issues to consider?

Thanks in advance,
Martin, desperate in Sydney