Pat Braden

I discovered Alfa Romeos in 1973.I remember reading Pat's articles in the Alfa Owner and later on enjoying his books.More than any other writer he managed to convey the marvelous combination of mechanical sophistication, style,history and brio that made me want to own and DRIVE an Alfa Romeo.Pat's death sadly emphasizes the graying of the Alfa community and the difficulties we Alfisti encounter in our efforts to attract new blood.Nobody can ever replace Pat Braden.The finest tribute we can all pay him would be to continue driving Alfas...and to continue assisting each other to keep our cars on the road.