Procedure for installing new compressor

I will undertake the task of replacing the compressor and drier on my 164 in the next few days.  Can anyone help me with a procedure to get it ready for charging, which I will have done at a local shop.

Specifically,   do I need to add oil for the compressor or will that be done when the system is charged.  Is there any chance of damage should the compressor get switched on accidentally before charging.

Any dos or don'ts on the drier, renewing the O rings?

Thanks,

Don