Re: alfa-digest V8 #1046

The Mozart collection belongs to John Mozart, a noted Bay-Area construction contractor. As far as I know, he has had the collection for years. It is stored about two blocks from my house and is NOT open to the public. I know that he has numerous cars of all stripes, mostly European. He has a number of Ferraris, and some Porsches as well. I believe that Gus Mozart, who used to run several car dealerships in this area, is related somehow (I remember reading that a number of years ago in the news paper).

George Graves

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 05:05 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:44:25 -0700
From: "karl doll" <karld@domain.elided>
Subject: Palo Alto "Mozart Collection" (Whass Dat?)

Quote from a web site about the Palo Alto Conncours: "Seven pre-war Alfas
(6Cs, 8Cs and 1750 Zagatos) were represented, including the Pebble Beach
"Best of Show" winning 1938 8C 2900B Spider from the Mozart Collection"

I've never heard of the "Mozart Collection", which is apparently based in
Palo Alto. Does anybody know the extent of such collection and if it is a
new one?

Too much time on my hands...

Karl
'95 Alfa 164LS (too new for the PA Concours so I stayed home)