Twin Sparks, superchargers etc.

    Esteemed Digesti,

    Jim steck steered me towards a 90 ci Eaton unit and since then i've
been sold on the idea.
    I envision mounting it roughly in place of the Spica and
distributor, and feeding a modified  early 80's Bosch plenum - no
intercooler. The idea being to keep the distance from the throttle plate
to the intake valves to a minimum.
    Yes, I have a TS head for the project. I'm hoping the improved
combustion chamber will allow the use of a slightly higher compression
ratio, say 8.5:1  with a modest amount of boost.

    This brings up a question.......someone on another list (using a 2
ltr TS) suggested that he could change his compression ratio by using
the "nord" rods instead of the standard TS rods.
    Is this true?
    And could the TS rods be similarly used to lower the compression
ratio of a "nord" w/ TS head?

    Last but not least, a couple years ago i sold a Jafco turbo exhaust
manifold ( yes, it was Gary Fortner) to somebody i believe is on this
list.....
    If ya holler, I'll throw that special 8th nut in your direction.

--
Norm Riffle
Its-A-Grind.com