Re:Steering wheel removal

"Somebody please give me some advise on how to do this properly.  I have
removed the center plastic hub(?) from my 105 2000 GTV steering wheel. There
is a nut and some sort of a locking plate behind it.  After removing both,
the wheel still cannot be removed.  Is there anything I am missing?  I don't
want to force the wheel off just in case there is a better way. Somebody
please let me know how to do this with care.   Thanks in advance!"

Mark,

There should be tapped holes that are hidden by the plastic cover that sits
on the steering wheel.  You'll need a steering wheel puller with bolts
threaded into these holes and the main shaft of the puller positioned on the
threaded end of the steering column.  This isn't an expensive tool.

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV

Lawrence Gowin