Re: alfa-digest V8 #1041

Hello:
I did just that on my GTV6 about 12 years ago. It is surprisingly easy; but you have to decide whether the liners are in good enough condition to warrant this approach. Contact me directly for further details.
Nash Bapasola - 75 Montreal, 81 GTV6

 From: "Ed & Marsha Prytherch"
Subject: piston rings

My '79 spider is my 19 year old daughter's daily driver. It has bad rings on
one cylinder and is using/losing a lot of oil. I want to delay the big
engine rebuild until it is back in my possession, so I am thinking about
just replacing the rings. My question is - can I remove the head and liners,
swap the rings and put it back together without opening up the bottom of the
engine?
Thanks.
Ed Prytherch
Columbia SC