GTV6 Ignition Switch

I need to replace the ignition switch on my 83 GTV6.  I have a new one from
Vicks but I have a problem....according to my mechanic the switch I have does
not match the one in the steering column, nor the schematic in the owners
manual, not even in the alfetta manual.  It has wires in two bundles.  One
bundle has 2 wires, one red one black, and they are prob. .5mm, i.e. small
diameter.  The other bundle has 3 wires, maybe 1.5mm (i.e. big), one red, one
black, and one brown.  Could this be a Milano switch?  Any info on how to
intall this on my GTV6.

Jerry in Houston