Re: Milano overheating

At 05:45 AM 8/16/2002 -0400, steven silverstein wrote:
I have to say I have a similar problem to Alan.
His list looks very similar to my list of actions and
even with the new radiator (now about 1.5 years old)
on 96+ degree days I will see the red light
starting to blink stuck in traffic.   Of course this
is New England so 96+ doesn't happen often.
But you do have to watch yourself.
96+ doesn't happen very often in New England??? where have you been this summer, Nantucket :-?

This is from vague memory, but I was told that if the AC is over filled, it could cause the overheating, how? I have no idea, compressor over worked????

FWIW, THe folks at Glynn are putting aux. electric fans on customer cars at their requests, it has worked out very well for me, how much is due to the fan when the AC is on, who knows? My 3.0 Milano has survived downtown Boston stop n go driving these 100+ degree summer days, running rock steady at around 180-190 degrees, the needle never fluctuates much, if any.

I bought the fan for another project at NAPA for around $40, it's a cheap addition.

stay cool,

- Steve.