Viva Alfetta GT

Biba writes:

"I have no shame. I still think a sorted out Alfetta GT is an overall
better and much more attractive car than a GTV. Don't suppose everyone
(anyone?) on this Digest happens to agree."

Absolutely. Which explains why some GTV6 drivers (at least in Europe) revert
their cars to the GT look.

I chose my '84 GTV4 (without a/c and V6 power) as a daily driver as it feels
more comfortable & solid, and seems less prone to rust than the "older" GT and
GTV/Sprint Veloce models. The Recaro seats not only look the part but they are
very supportive. Also, the single dash/instrument cluster is easier on the
eyes when you drive several hundred kilometres every week.

However, no other Alfetta model, 2 or 4 door, comes close the pure beauty of
the Alfetta GT, which, thankfully, was produced without those ugly bumper bar
rubber tits...

Chipping in on the bumper bar comments, IMO, there are only 2 options for the
pre-plastic [carburated of course ;-)]Alfetta GT(V)s:
1. stock, unpainted (please!), polished stainless steel euro bumpers or
2. NO bars at all (if you're keen and dont drive in traffic every day)!

Biba, now you just have to "take care" of those side markers and move the
front indicators where they belong-in the body right below the headlights!

just my 2 lire of course..

Cheers,
Martin in Sydney
Alfettas x 4  with euro parts for sale ;-)