From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Bert Steginga
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 5:38 PM
To: Alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Oil Pressure Gauge

I just had my engine and gearbox reconditioned on my GT Junior. If you
were
to ask if Alfa ownership is cheap, don't ask my wife at this moment in
time. Just as well she understands me after 22 years of marriage and all

the cars I have done up over the years although the Alfa has been the
most
expensive of them all. Before I put the engine in for reconditioning the

oil gauge worked perfectly. Now it works sometimes but mostly not and
other
times it stays on zero. I have replaced the oil pressure sender unit
without any change. Has anyone got any ideas before I may be forced to
go
out and buy a new oil pressure gauge. Before anyone asks, I did have the

mechanics put a mechanical oil gauge on the motor and the oil pressure
is
perfect so it has to be in the electrics somewhere.
Thanks,
Bert
Brisbane
Australia