Alfetta Lust

Further down in #1022 James Montebello adds fuel to the fire + wonders
about bumpers: "Now that I own one of each, I was struck by just how
different the Alfetta coupe looks, despite sharing nearly all of the
sheet metal stampings. Simply removing the plastic cladding, different
bumpers, the lack of the hood bulge, and the small amount of extra
chrome really change the look of the car in ways that simply aren't
captured in photos.

Speaking of bumpers, the ones on my car are not only the giant, heavy,
rubber US bumpers, but they're in terrible shape, too.  I've seen
the European bumpers, and they're OK, but I'm wondering about even
more slender chromed bumpers.  Something like you'd see on a 105 car,
for example.  Looking back through the archives, I see some talk about
Berlina bumpers on an Alfetta (a sedan, I believe), but I wonder if
anyone has tried to fit 105 bumpers (or anything like 105 bumpers)
on an Alfetta coupe?

*******

I agonized over the bumpers on the Alfetta GT for years. I've mentioned
this frequently, so sorry about repeating myself, but what bothered me
about the Euro stainless bumpers was there was a bit too much shiny
stuff on the front and rear + those big rubber bumper overriders on the
front were absurd.

While not everyone's cup of tea, I chopped and channeled a set of Euro
bumpers, made a few modifications by pushing all up to the body, had
holes filled in, and painted them body color. True, as a bumper they're
a joke, but they don't stick out three feet (+ or - ) in the front and
back.

http://www.alfacybersite.com/BR75AlfettaGT.html

Parallel park at your own risk.

Biba