RE: Alfa Owners Cheap?

Wow - now I am above average and courageous! Let's see now, my first purchase on ebay was, what, three years ago? I bought a tandem bike for $75 bucks. Check the going prices. It was a steal, even if I had to put the thing together!

Since then I have bought and sold much through ebay and this very digest. I really wouldn't say that I am above average, but I have during that time purchased three cars on line, as well. One was a GTV-6 that I drove home from Omaha (against the previous owners advice - I had a backup plan). The second was my 1980 spider with the most perfect dash I have seen outside of a new car. The third was just a week ago. I bought a beautiful Milano Platinum with a verifiable 44,000 miles. Yes, I have to do a valve job (valve bent while not running - that is all that is damaged), and the headliner is falling down. Other than that and a few few parking lot dings the car is indistinguishable from new. I still cannot believe the car is this good for less than 2 grand. bs says, though, that because I spent more than 1500 I am above average. McCarty thinks I must have a lot of guts. Hmmm. . . . and I thought I was just an old fart indulging myself in my hobby. Heck, the set of Konis that are on there way from a digester must give me the heart of a lion!

Peace,
Ben
1984 GTV6 x 2
1978 Spider (thinking about selling)
1980 Spider
1987 Milano Platinum (should be back on the road in about a week)
1981 Lancia Beta Coupe
1969 Fiat Spider (come to think of it, this was also procured on line via a trade!)