RE: Spider console assembly tricks?

Hey Brian,

You seem to recall correctly.  There is a little play
at the bottom of the console.  To keep reverse from
hitting, the DPO drilled extra holes in the dash tabs,
closer to the front.  But if you screw through them
the whol thing sits out about 1 cm.  Not pretty, but
functional.  I'll probably just keep doing this until
I get around to replacing the dash/console with
recovered units.

All the mounts are good, and I think the trans mount
is in correctly.  I put it in so that the bolt hole
was closer to the bottom, so with the weight of the
tranny I imagine it's close to centered.  I have
thought about moving it up a bit, but was more
concerned with driveshaft issues.

I wonder how the console was assembled by the factory?

Ian

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com