Re: POR-15

Anyone care to give me the scoop on this POR stuff? I'm considering getting some, and was wondering what I need to be aware of. Application procedures? Shelf life? Etc. Thanks.

--On Tuesday, August 13, 2002 8:25 PM +0000 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:48:55 -0400
From: Mark Denovich <mark@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Rust removal

I've used this technique before, it works very well.   For less rusty
parts submersion in a vinegar and salt solution for a while works well
too.   Just be sure to clean and oil/paint ASAP when you're done
cleaning or you'll be back to square one very quickly.  I like using
some metal prep (a phosphoric acid solution) followed by POR-15 (an
epoxy like paint.)

	--Mark

Ed Lutz wrote:
I just came across this page on the web and thought it might be of
interest to someone here.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/billd/electrol.htm